What are stem cells?
- Undifferentiated cells which are able to differentiate to form
- Many types of tissue, the building blocks of life
- Cells that are able to self-renew indefinitely throughout our life
- A natural tissue repair system of the body
The two most common types of stem cells harvested are:
- Haematopoietic stem cells from umbilical cord blood
- Mesenchymal stem cells from umbilical cord tissue, dental pulp, and adipose tissue
What are the benefits of storing stem cells in a private stem cell bank?
- Quick availability. Banking stem cells derived from cord blood, cord tissue and teeth allows the cells to be readily available without any invasive procedures
- Increased chance of a match for transplantation. Cord blood banking guarantees a 100% match to the baby, a 1 in 4 chance of a match between siblings and around a 1 in 16 chance for parents
- Easy access. Access your sample when it’s needed at no extra cost. Public banks require searching for a compatible sample at a high cost for release if a sample is found
Want to learn more about our service? Call us now on +357 22 75 75 35 or to 70005565 and request your personal information package or visit our website (https://futurehealthbiobank.com/cy-gr/)
Download our Future Health Biobank brochure to get more information on stem cell benefits .
- Before delivery, you will receive our collection kit enabling your physician or midwife to collect the umbilical cord blood and/or cord tissue.
- Once your baby has been safely delivered, your assigned healthcare professional will collect your baby’s cord blood, cord tissue and the maternal bloods before placing them in the collection kit.
- When the healthcare professional hands you back the collection kit, call us to arrange for the kit pickup on 70005565.
- Once your cord blood and cord tissue samples have been successfully processed and stored you will receive confirmation in writing along with your storage certificate containing the unique identification number for your samples, the stem cell (CD34+ and CD45+) counts, your maternal blood testing results and microbiology results.
Learn more at https://futurehealthbiobank.com/cy-en/faqs/